Friday, July 6, 2012

Thing 14.2 -- Productivity; Google Calendar

So why a shared class calendar? Keep students and parents up-to-date with all your classroom happenings.  Standardized test dates, field trips & guest speakers, assignment details & due dates, and, most important of all,  VACATIONS! You can also link files and class resources via Google Drive. You could create one standard (school) calendar that links to all your calendars and then a separate one for each class or content area as needed. 

I created and shared a Google calendar for my Website. I've used shared calendars via 30 Boxes. I like a lot of the features in 30 boxes; it seems more robust. But the Google calendar is more convenient as it comes with the whole Google package and if you check out the google calendar labs you can see how to add 'flair' (event icons) and access other gadgets to beef up your calendar items. I'll have to return to this after exploring more. 

The West Mi Ed Tech calendar is public on google. Follow this link to access the html version.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,

    It looks like you were able to create a link in your Google calendar, though, the link takes me to a page that says the course in unavailable. Do I need to be logged in to view it or is the link broken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the head's up. I guess I had the wrong link worked in there. It's fixed now (I think!) :)

    ReplyDelete