Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Thing 6.3 -- NetTrekker

I chose NetTrekker for this part of the assignment b/c I'm fairly familiar with UDL. And, although I've heard a lot about NetTrekker, I've not had the opportunity to check it out. Unfortunately, this foray has not proven very enlightening...

Frustrations:
  •  I'm having some trouble setting personalizing my account. It won't let me change my profile from a generic 'teacher'. So I'm unsure if saving will attach to me in any meaningful way. NetTrekker will not accept my Learnport log in as a registered user.
  • Websites listed under the same topic (Technology / Creativity & Innovation) not only vary by readability, but also by computer skill. e.g. Wordle is a simple copy / paste tool. Glogster is a completely different animal requiring students (and teachers) to have far more advanced computer skills. I would like to find similar tools with like readability. 
  • I tried to access a Website -  Museum Box and use the NetTrekker tools that lay on top of it. I got to the Website with no trouble, but when I tried to use the NetTrekker tools, they didn't work and the site shut down. 
Positives:
  • I can see the value of NetTrekker and look forward to the opportunity to experience it.
I guess I need to spend some more time exploring NetTrekker. I do have some colleagues who use it regularly, so...PLN to the rescue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment