Friday, June 22, 2012

Thing 12.1 -- Google Forms for Assessment

Google forms makes it easy to collect, store & analyze data. I use it primarily for formative assessment and reflection. I get valuable feedback from my students that directs my instructional practice. I tweak my presentations, follow up with individuals and choose what future PD to create all based on information gathered in Google forms.

I especially like the live form updating. Projecting the live results as users take the poll really helps my students become comfortable. Tech PD intimidates a lot of people. As they complete the Google form opening survey, they see they really aren't the only ones who aren't 'tech gurus'. Smiles, shared chuckles and self-acceptance instantly create a much more relaxed atmosphere.
Google forms also gives me an easy way to create district-wide polling tools on topics such as Internet safety, student access to technology etc. I create one form, share it with staff who can then customize it for themselves. By requiring students to include their name & class information on the form as one of the 'questions' it allows teachers to easily filter results as needed. 

Here's an example of a Google form I created on Internet safety. 


No comments:

Post a Comment