Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thing 10 -- Digital Images

Posted by Picasa This is the original photo I took at Meijer Garden. Notice the color of the butterflies. I uploaded the photo via the 'upload to blogger' tool in Picasa. But now that the photo is shared on Google+ it seems to be gone from my photos on my hard drive. 






 

I used the saturation tool in Google+ editing to bring out the color. This would be useful for visually impaired students, or to create emphasis on something in a photo. I also added some text, but purposely chose a poorly contrasting tone to demonstrate that pretty isn't always better. It can be so easy to get carried away with 'fun' when you create something like this. Have students compare two images and discuss the positive / negative of each and their purpose in a presentation.


These photos are both available on my Google+ web albums. I can share them as I can any content on Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment